|Course name||Lecture: Introduction to ethics of AI|
|Current number of participants||194|
|Home institute||LE Cognitive Science|
|participating institutes||Institut für Philosophie|
|Courses type||Lecture in category Offizielle Lehrveranstaltungen|
|First date||Tuesday, 19.10.2021 10:00 - 12:00, Room: 01/B01|
Lecture: Introduction to ethics of AI - DetailsYou are not logged into Stud.IP.
- Tuesday: 10:00 - 12:00, weekly (14x)
- (online Vips)
- Friday, 11.02.2022, Monday, 28.02.2022 10:00 - 12:00
- Bachelor of Science Informatik > CS-BWP-PHIL - Philosophy for Cognitive Science, valid from WiSe 2019/20
- Bachelor of Science Mathematik > CS-BWP-PHIL - Philosophy for Cognitive Science, valid from WiSe 2019/20
- Bachelor of Science Cognitive Science > CS-BWP-PHIL - Philosophy for Cognitive Science, valid from WiSe 2019/20
- Master of Science Mathematik > CS-BWP-PHIL - Philosophy for Cognitive Science, valid from WiSe 2019/20
- 2-Fächer-Bachelor Philosophie > PHI-A-PrPII - Advance Studies in Moral Philosophy: The Right and the Good
- 2-Fächer-Bachelor Philosophie > PHI-Vb1 - Vertiefungsbereich I
- 2-Fächer-Bachelor Professionalisierung > PHI-Vb1 - Vertiefungsbereich I
- 2-Fächer-Bachelor Philosophie > PHI-Vb2_v1 - Vertiefungsbereich II
- 2-Fächer-Bachelor Professionalisierung > PHI-Vb2_v1 - Vertiefungsbereich II
- 2-Fächer-Bachelor Philosophie > PHI-A-MdP - Advance Studies in Methods of Philosophy
The lecture will provide an overview of problems, philosophical theories and methods that comprise the field of Ethics of AI. This includes both the philosophical foundations of ethics and critical theory as well as different technological phenomena and legal aspects of AI. A particular focus will be contemporary data-driven and machine learning-based AI technology and its applications in digital consumer media. As we will see, questions of social equality and fairness are central to today's ethical concerns about AI, so that ethics needs to adopt a societal perspective, analysing constellations of power, discrimination and subordination that relate to AI technology. We will also touch on relevant legal debates such as privacy and data protection legislation and ask the questions of how to actually do ethics of AI in interdisciplinary collaborations.
This lecture will be offered every winter term. In the summer term there will be a seminar that elaborates in more detail on some of the problems covered in the lecture.
There will be a Klausur at the end of the semester to earn 4 ECTS points.
The lecture will be taught online if the pandemic does not allow to fit everyone in thr same room.